Ohio Senator George Voinovich (R!) blasted UN Representative-nominee John Bolton, stating that if Bolton worked in the private sector he would have been fired.
George apparently has quite an extensive and distinguished career in the private sector:
- probably in private law practice from 1961-1962
- Ohio Assistant Attorney General 1963-1964
- probably in private law practice from 1965-1966
- Ohio state/county/city office holder 1967-1988
- probably practiced law in 1989, while eating lotsa rubber-chicken suppers
- Governor of Ohio 1990-1998
- United States Senator 1999-present
I assume you were speaking theoretically about Bolton, eh George?
And your actions in committee was a true act of courage, George.