Here is the statement of the tenets of "Scientific Creationism" and "Biblical Creationism" as posted by the Institute of Creation Research. The ICR is lobbying the Texas state government to train science teachers:
SOME TENETS OF SCIENTIFIC CREATIONISM
• The physical universe "was supernaturally created by a transcendent personal Creator who alone has existed from eternity."
• Life "was specially and supernaturally created by the Creator."
• All plants and animals were "created functionally complete from the beginning and did not evolve from some other kind of organism."
• Evolution since creation is "limited to 'horizontal' changes (variations) within the kinds, or 'downward' changes (e.g., harmful mutations, extinctions).
• Humans "were specially created in fully human form from the start."
SOME TENETS OF BIBLICAL CREATIONISM
• The creator of the universe is a triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• The universe was created "in the six literal days of the Creation Week" described in Genesis.
• All human beings descended from Adam and Eve.
"Tenets" are principles or doctrines, and the list above are whoppers - summarily preempting a great deal of well established scientific evidence (such as a universe age of a least ten billion years).
Since when does having a belief in God consign one to the company of the ICR? If we don't stand too close, we won't catch the fleas.