- The prevalence of gun-related violent crime requires that we remove the possession of handguns and "assault weapons" from 2nd Amendment protections.
- There should be limits imposed by government on the amount of money that an individual can make per year.
- Freedom of speech should not include "hate speech", that is, speech that is considered offensive or hurtful to others.
- There should be no display or expression of religious belief allowed on public property or using public facilities whatsoever.
- The risk in allowing decisions about medical care and retirement to be made by individuals is too great to be left unsupervised by government authorities.
- The federal government should encourage the use of alternate and renewable fuels by high taxes on fossil fuels.
- Welfare or unemployment benefits should be provided to people for an unlimited period of time.
- Conditions of race, religion, sexual orientation, or economic circumstance should be considerations in prison sentencing guidelines.
- State governments cannot be trusted to provide for the welfare of their citizens.
- The use of tobacco products should be prohibited on all public property, both indoors and out-of-doors.
- Private property rights should restricted in order to prevent environmental degradation.
- Private property rights should be restricted to prevent the inordinate accumulation of wealth by an individual or group.
- Elections for public office should consider circumstances of "traditionally underrepresented" groups of people.
- I would give up my rights to private property for a guaranteed "living wage", housing, health care, and retirement pension.
- I would give up my right to vote for a guaranteed income, housing, health care, and retirement pension.
Saturday, November 05, 2011
Two Paths Diverged.
With which of these statements do you agree?